What universal remote codes work with my CTL Television?
If you need to get a universal remote working on your CTL television, here are a list of codes you can try by series
- For the NXxx00, NXxx01, and NXxx02 series:
- Universal Remotes made by UEI: 11564
- Comcast: 10463
- Dish Network: 720
- Motorola cable boxes: 0463 or 10463
- Direct TV: 10178
- You can tell if your universal remote is made by UEI if you open the battery compartment and you see either six pins or six silver solder pads.
- For the NXxx03 and LX4020 series:
- DirecTV: 10019
- Time Warner Cable: 0178
- Comcast: 0178
- Cox Communications: 0178
- Dish Network: 627 or 505
- If none of these codes are working for you, you can also try codes from another manufacturer. A lot of manufacturers use the same remote code set in their televisions, so a lot of the codes will be compatible. Start with trying codes from Panasonic, Phillips, Magnavox, Westinghouse, JVC, RCA, and Insignia.
Insignia: 10171, 11204, 11963, 12002
JVC: 10053, 10731, 11253
Magnavox: 11454, 10054, 10030, 10706, 10187, 10386, 10802, 11198, 11254, 11963, 11990
Panasonic: 10250, 10051, 10055, 10650, 11291, 11941
Philips: 11454, 10054, 10690
RCA: 11447, 10047, 10090, 10679, 11047, 11147, 11247, 11347, 11547, 11958, 12002
Westinghouse: 10885, 10889, 10890, 11282, 11577
- To Program your Remote
Select "Parental, Favs and Setup"
While aiming remote at device, follow onscreen instructions to program remote to TV, DVD, or other device.
Make sure your TV is turned on.
Slide the mode switch at top of remote to "TV".
Press and hold the MUTE button. This is located above the number 1 button.
While still holding down MUTE, press and hold the SELECT button until the green light at the top of the remote flashes twice.
Enter the first TV code you have. The green light on remote should flash twice.
Aim remote at TV and press PWR button once. The TV should power off.
Once the TV is able to power off/on and control the volume, slide the mode switch at the top of the remote back to the left (DIRECTV). Your remote is now programmed.
If the TV does not power off, repeat steps 4, 5, 6 and 7, using the next code for your TV brand.
If remote control fails to program using all available codes, try scanning for the code.
Remote Control Programming
Here's how to program your DIRECTV remote control:
How to scan for TV codes on your DIRECTV remote
· Make sure your TV is turned on.
· Slide the mode switch at top of remote to "TV".
· Press and hold the MUTE button. This is located above the number 1 button.
· While still holding down MUTE, press and hold the SELECT button until green light at the top of the remote flashes twice.
· Then enter 9911, the green light on remote should flash twice.
· Point remote at TV and press CHANNEL UP button. Tap the CHANNEL UP button repeatedly until the TV powers off.
· When the TV powers off, press and release the SELECT button.
Note: If the green light flashes three times before TV responds, then all codes have been cycled through. Our remote controls are guaranteed to program to your DIRECTV receiver, however your TV may not be compatible with our remote control.
How to Program Your Comcast Remote Control
- Turn on a device (e.g., VCR or DVD Player) and, if applicable, insert media, (e.g., video cassette or disc).
NOTE: Please read steps 2 to 6 completely before proceeding. Highlight or write down the codes and device you wish to program before moving on to step 2
- On the remote control, press a device key once (i.e., or TV).
NOTE: Use the AUX key to program control of an Audio Amplifier or Receiver, a DVD Player, a Home-Theater-In-A-Box Device, a PVR (or DVR), or a VCR.
- Press and hold Setup until the selected mode key blinks twice, then release Setup.
- Locate the code for your device in Manufacturer’s Codes listed below. Brands are listed in alphabetical order with the most popular codes listed first.
- Enter the first five-digit code for your device. If you perform this procedure correctly, the selected mode key will blink twice.
NOTE: If you enter an invalid code, the selected mode key will display one long blink and exit the programming mode. Repeat steps 2 to 5 with a valid code.
- Aim the remote control at your device and press Power once. The device should turn off. If it does not respond, repeat steps 2 to 6, trying each code listed for your brand until you find one that works. If it still does not work, try Searching For Your Code.
NOTE: If the device does not have a Power key, press the (Play) key
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 for another device you want to control.
How to Program Your Dish Network Remote Control
Use the “Remote Control TV Codes” booklet that was included with your replacement remote to find the code needed for your TV.
1. While facing the TV where the remote will be used, press and hold the TV mode button.
All four mode buttons will light up.
2. Enter the three-digit remote control code. The TV mode button will light up.
3. Press and release the POUND (#) button. The TV mode button will flash three times.
4. Press and release the large, red POWER button on the remote. The TV will turn off.
5. Press and release the SAT mode button. The SAT mode button will light up.
6. Press and release the TV POWER button. Then, press VOLUME up or down to confirm that the remote operates your TV. The TV will turn on and respond to remote commands.
Keywords: remote, universal, codes, TV, television